Getting error : ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akash_nitj
Participant

Getting error : ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen

Post by akash_nitj »

I am getting error ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen - Dynamic Error when i m trying to view the data from table.

help needed :(

...akash
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You haven't provided nearly enough information to allow accurate diagnosis. For example:

What stage type are you using?

If DRS, what access protocol (DB Type setting) are you using?

Can you view the table from the DataStage server machine using any different software?

Are all the settings (parameterized or otherwise) totally correct?

If you're connecting via ODBC have you tried to use DS_CONNECT or the test tools in the branded_odbc directory to diagnose why connection is failing?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
akash_nitj
Participant

Post by akash_nitj »

Database : Informix 9.31

Server Job : 7.1

Stage : Informix_CLI

DSN is correctly set up. I am able to view the tables. But when i am trying to view the data i get the error "ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen - Dynamic Error".

Regards
akash
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I've just tried exactly the same thing, but did not get the error. DS 7.1, Informix CLI stage connecting to Informix 9.31. View Data was totally successful.

It seems odd that you can view the tables - and, presumably, import them - but not view the data.

Can you try the import data again, but this time select just the one table and click Details (which should show you column names) then View Data (which should show you data). There's no need to complete the import. Does the same error occur here too?

If so, it may be that there is a small flaw in the way that the plug-in stage (Informix CLI) has been installed, and there may be some value in re-installing it with the DataStage Package Installer.

Have you had any feedback from your support provider?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.