Target Load issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

badri
Participant

Target Load issue

Post by badri »

Hi,

I have say 1000 records in the source and when looked up against a hash it matches only 200. Now, I should load 1000 into target instead of 200
Here for one field I get the value from the lookup

i.e. 200 records with values for the lookup field from the hash file and for the rest 800 records the field should contain null

I have a problem like it loads only 200 since I am getting values from hash also. Any suggestion pls

Regards
:arrow:
vigneshra
Participant

Post by vigneshra »

In simple terms, you want a left outer join to be done on your data. Instead of lookup you use a join stage and give join type as left outer. You will get the required output.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no Join stage in server jobs.

From your description I believe you have a constraint expression in your Transformer stage that is only allowing rows to be output where the lookup succeeded.

Another possibility is that you are delivering NULL to a column that is defined as NOT NULL in the target database. In this case there should be warnings in the job log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.