system allocated temp datasets too small

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cloggieroo
Participant

system allocated temp datasets too small

Post by cloggieroo »

Hi All,
Hoping someone can help. When I execute certain maps on OS/390 (using JCL in batch processing), I see up to 500 temp datasets created for use by the Mercator maps. We invariably experience b37-04 errors due to datasets being too small (I know the message says out of volume space - but that is erronious as there is heaps of space on the packs).

I need to be able to control the space allocation of these datasets so we stop getting the B37 errors. I have control over the first 99 datasets which have a particular naming convention when allocated by the JCL, so I can allocate them explicitly within the JCL (pain, but at least it doesn't abend), however the others I don't. They allocate with names like 'SYS04296.T150508.RA000.userid.R0414520' which I certainly did not give them.

My client tells me that these datasets and their allocations are defined within Mercator - I say they are defined within the OS/390 system. It seems to be one of those ratty situations where it becomes 'prove to me that it's not you and then I will look for another answer ' - which really drives me nuts!

Can anyone tell me what is really going on, and where I can find the allocation for these datasets so I can modify the size?

Any help would be VERY much appreciated. :shock:

Kind regards to all
Cloggieroo