Binary Datatype

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ksmurthys
Participant

Binary Datatype

Post by ksmurthys »

Hi,

I tried to load Binary Datatype(From Db2) to Sqlserver database binary datatype but i couldn't see any data in sqlserver database(all values <binary>).Is there any function to use ??

Regds,
Ram.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,

Call support.

only thing I can add:
you'll need to check if the DB2 binarys are correctly transported to DS then you'll need to check if what you get is compatible with what SQL Server expects, if not you'll need to convert the value to the one expected by SQL Server.

I can't help wondering what platform is the DB2 on? (SQL server is obviously windows oriented DB2 on the other hand is not that obvious)

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
prabu
Participant

Re: Binary Datatype

Post by prabu »

ksmurthys wrote:Hi,

I tried to load Binary Datatype(From Db2) to Sqlserver database binary datatype but i couldn't see any data in sqlserver database(all values <binary>).
try by setting <b>Nullable</b> property of the column to <b>No</b> . this way you can check if the problem is happing during extraction(ie from Db2) or transformation(into sql server) . cheers!