Version of jobs in dsx file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumitgulati
Participant

Version of jobs in dsx file

Post by sumitgulati »

Hi All,

I have a dsx file which I am trying to import into DataStage 7.1 version.
The import does not work and my guess is that it could be because the dsx file could be from a different version of DataStage. Is there any way to find out from which version of DataStage the dsx file was created?

Regards,
Sumit
sumitgulati
Participant

Post by sumitgulati »

I get the following error message while doing the import:
Error while creating job CW_GL_IT00003_J_DFPR_ACT_ENT
Error on CREATE.FILE command ()
Any idea why could it be?

Thanks and Regards,
-Sumit
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Imports from other versions of DataStage work just fine - as long as the version being imported is < the version being imported into, i.e. is older. The import process will automatically upgrade your jobs to the current version. What version are you importing from?

Other things off the top of my head - are you running out of space? Is your export corrupted?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sumitgulati
Participant

Post by sumitgulati »

The import process will automatically upgrade your jobs to the current version. What version are you importing from?
Thats what my question is. Does a dsx file store any information about the version of the tool using which the dsx file was created?
Other things off the top of my head - are you running out of space? Is your export corrupted?
I checked the space and we have close to 6gig of space available.

Thanks and Regards,
Sumit
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Error on CREATE.FILE command suggests a space or permissions problem. Does the executing user have write permission to the VOC file or to the project directory? Execute (use) permission is also needed to the directory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.