USING COMMAND FROM DS ADMINISTRATOR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ririr
Participant

USING COMMAND FROM DS ADMINISTRATOR

Post by ririr »

I have some 500 Jobs that are using Hash Files as lookups and also populating Hash Files. The project is supplied by our vendor. Is there a command that I can use from the DS Administrator to update the Directory path to all the hash stages in jobs.

PS: All the hash files will be using the same path..

Any help is appreciated!!
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Not really. This should be a parameter anyway. Is it a parameter? I would have to look it up but I think this is stored in field 9. Most people think you do an export. Then edit the export file and replace the path with the new path or parameter. I would export one job and then fix it in Designer and then export it again to see what changed.

If you want to create a dictionary item for this field then you could update it directly with a SQL UPDATE. This is a lot more dangerous but should be fairly safe considering how this field is stored. You would need to recompile all your jobs that changed if you did this. You would have to import all your jobs above and recompile them anyway.

Let us know which way you want to persue.
Mamu Kim