DataStage Basic Syntax Definition File for TextPad

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pierreandre
Participant

DataStage Basic Syntax Definition File for TextPad

Post by pierreandre »

Hi,

I just want to let you all know that I have posted a TextPad Syntax Definition File on the TextPad website. This enables syntax highlighting when editing DataStage Basic code in TextPad. The file can be downloaded here:

http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/files/sy ... ebasic.zip

Pierre-Andre Folot
datastage
Participant

Post by datastage »

I don't user either TextPad or UltraEdit. Anyone want to list some advantages /disadvantages of the two programs and why the prefer the editor they chose?

Thanks
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
jgajardo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Editor

Post by jgajardo »

Well they both offer the advantage of highlighting your code with color.

I am not too familiar with TextPad but UltraEdit has these features that are useful to me:
-Disk based text editing - supports files in excess of 4GB, minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
-Syntax highlighting - configurable, pre-configured for C/C++, VB, HTML, Java, and Perl, with special options for FORTRAN and LaTex. Multiple wordfiles available for download ie: Universe Basic
-Column/block mode editing (for selecting a column of data in a text file)
-Hexadecimal Editor - allows editing of any binary file, shows binary and ASCII view

Of course there are many more ...

You can have a more complete list of features at http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name ... pid=10#key

Julio
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I love UltraEdits's multiline search and replace that is great for making changes to DataStage export files.