Corrupt project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Juls
Participant

Corrupt project

Post by Juls »

Hi,

All of a sudden when I open a project in Designer I get a DataStage Repository Interface message:

Cannot open file &UFD&.

When I click Ok (I have to click Ok a couple times since the error message box doesn't close), the project opens but has the word (Protected) next to its name on the top of Designer window.

When I goto open any job I get a message saing that the job is read-only and cannot me modified. After I click ok I get the same error message: 'Cannot open file &UFD&' as before and seems to persist a couple times until it closes.

Has any one had this behavior?

Also, when I got open DataStage Administrator the same message appears before it opens.

Thanks.
denzilsyb
Participant

Post by denzilsyb »

it seems the project has been protected by someone other than you. How are you connecting to the project? Are you an administrator on the server? If so, log onto DS Administrator and unprotect the project. You might want to reconsider the access to the project. Have a look at the security options available - i think the administrator guide has the details.
dnzl
"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves" - Robert Anton Wilson