Help needed with BW Extract Pack

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Shaina Austin
Participant

Help needed with BW Extract Pack

Post by Shaina Austin »

Hi All:

I have a job that extracts data from an infospoke in BW. And I am using the BW Extract Pack to do this.

I have given the process chain Name and the infospoke name from where I want to extract the data.

The issues I encounter are -

1. When I run the job, it triggers the BW Process chain, which I do not want to happen.
In my requirement, the BW Process Chain has to trigger this job.

2. The infospoke is by default set to Update Mode "Delta", where as the infospoke has Update Mode "Full". I am unable to change the update mode of the infospoke from Delta to Full in the DataStage job as it is greyed out.

3. The job gets aborted with an error "Error occurred during link open processing.
Unable to find extracted data in BW"

Can somebody, please address these issues, and throw some light on how the extract pack works.

Is it necessary to give the process chain name. Can we not simply extract data from an Infospoke.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton...!
Shaina Austin
Participant

Post by Shaina Austin »

Hi...

Is there anybody out there....who is familiar with the DS Extract Pack for SAP BW.... :?:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you have a support agreement? You could always call Ascential Support and run your question by them...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Juls
Participant

Post by Juls »

Hello,

I was wondering: Is there a solution for this issue?

I am in the same boat now. :shock:

Thanks!
Juls.
alanwms
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by alanwms »

There is a document on all the BW Load PACKS included on the release CD. The document name is dsbwloadpack.pdf. Try going through that document first and see if it address your issues.

Alan
Juls
Participant

Post by Juls »

alanwms wrote:There is a document on all the BW Load PACKS included on the release CD. The document name is dsbwloadpack.pdf. Try going through that document first and see if it address your issues.

Alan
There is nothing in the document. I read it from beggining to end.
winterb1
Participant

Post by winterb1 »

You do need to provide the name of the Process Chain as well as the Infospoke in the Extract stage.