MetaData mismatch

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bilwakunj
Participant

MetaData mismatch

Post by Bilwakunj »

Hi,
I am trying to to do a simple job. source is sequential file having a single col. day in the format of (yyyy-mm-dd) . the details are:
SQL Type char
Length 10
Data Element Date.tag

Target is ODBC stage
SQL Type Data
Length 19
in the transformation , just mapped the column, no other operation is done.

At the time of running it's giving following error.

gave MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.TYPE Expected = Date Actual = Timestamp

Can anybody help me out ?

Thanks in advance.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You need to import table definitions of your target and load it into the ODBC stage definition. You need to map the source data into the form the target will accept. If your ODBC target requires the date information in a specific form, you must manipulate the data into that form. If your target is SQL-Server, then put the date value into a timestamp form by concatenating time information to the date.

You need to make sure that you always use the target table definitions in the ODBC or OCI stages.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for "metadata mismatch". It's warning you that what's in your job design doesn't match what's in the table. If you make them match (e.g. by editing your job design) the warning goes away.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.