Metadata Mismatch error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ksmurthys
Participant

Metadata Mismatch error

Post by ksmurthys »

I tried to insert data into sqlserver table from sequential file.I am getting the following error:
shipto.CODBCStage6.DSLink7: DSD.BCIOpenW results of SQLColAttributes(Company_Nbr) gave MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.PRECISION Expected = 3 Actual = 10.
I created table in sqlserver database using create table in target database.(ODBC Satge).
Anybody tell me how to resolve this error.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a warning that what you've nominated as the column precision for column Company_Nbr in your job (3) does not match that in the actual table (10).

Change the precision in your job so that it matches what's in the actual table (and which should also appear in the imported table definition in your Repository).

Note that this only a warning to alert you to the fact that you have a metadata mismatch. This one is unlikely to prevent your job from executing successfully.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.