Conection broken while connecting to project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsfamily
Participant

Conection broken while connecting to project

Post by dsfamily »

While i connect to datastage the connection always breaks.then when i restart it works fine for a few minutes and then again it says connection is broken.Please suggest a solution as all the jobs break on the server.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The problem is somewhere in your network.
Mamu Kim
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Are you maybe accessing the server from beyond a firewall. We once had the problem that we could access DataStage but were thrown out after a while. In the end we found out DataStage sent some bytes on another port (than the usual one) to check the client server connection and of course this port was not let through by the firewall.

Ogmios
shawn_ramsey
Participant

Re: Conection broken while connecting to project

Post by shawn_ramsey »

dsfamily wrote:While i connect to datastage the connection always breaks.then when i restart it works fine for a few minutes and then again it says connection is broken.Please suggest a solution as all the jobs break on the server.
Are you using the Omit on the login? If so don't. We have had simular issues and support told us to stop using it becuse it uses the netbeui (i believe that is what they) protocol instead of TCP/IP and there are issues with it.
Shawn Ramsey

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
-- Douglas Adams
badri
Participant

Post by badri »

Hi,

In the Datastage Administrator you can increase the Request Timeout if you have the admin rights

- 8)