Sequencer Trouble

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

denzilsyb
Participant

Sequencer Trouble

Post by denzilsyb »

Hi guys

Again I sit with a sequencer issue. Job is as follows:

ValidateJob ----> SEQuencer (All) ------> emailMe

I get, when compiling:

Code: Select all

Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP442/JOB.2017685127.DT.1341666964', Object = 'RT_BP442.O/JOB.2017685127.DT.1341666964'
******************************************************************************************************************
WARNING: Variable 'OK' never assigned a value.

Compilation Complete.
 (SequenceTestXXX)
whats wrong with the sequencer? In ValidateJob, I have the trigger set to "OK"
dnzl
"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves" - Robert Anton Wilson
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sequencer Trouble

Post by chulett »

denzilsyb wrote:In ValidateJob, I have the trigger set to "OK"
You might want to explain exactly what this means. Do you mean you have the trigger set to "OK- (Conditional)" or some sort of Custom trigger where you wrote the condition?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
Is this the first time you are compling a sequencer job and getting this error or you have complied successfully sequncer jobs in the past on this version of datastage?
Is this version 7.5?

Ketfos
denzilsyb
Participant

Post by denzilsyb »

ketfos wrote:Is this the first time you are compling a sequencer job and getting this error or you have complied successfully sequncer jobs in the past on this version of datastage?
Is this version 7.5?
This is not the first time, it is 7.1r1 on solaris 9. In another sequencer i have multiple jobs that go into a sequencer and out again into another job. that job compiles ok, but as soon as i add more than one email notification to the job, i get the above error.
chulett wrote:You might want to explain exactly what this means. Do you mean you have the trigger set to "OK- (Conditional)" or some sort of Custom trigger where you wrote the condition?
yeah - sorry; i set it to "OK - (conditional)". I have tried otherwise as well.
dnzl
"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves" - Robert Anton Wilson
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Strange. The Sequence stage doesn't really serve a purpose in your job and could be removed. However, it shouldn't be causing any problems, either.

I don't see how adding another Notification Activity stage would be a problem. :? You could easily have multiple links from the Sequencer to multiple Notification Activity stages... either that or link from one NA to another NA in a serial fashion. Both ways should work just fine.

How are you adding the "one more notification stage"? Linked from the Sequencer? Do you set its trigger to "OK (Conditional)" as well?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Check out your Notification Stage and see if you have the word 'OK' in the subject or body of the email to be sent. I ran into this issue before myself. I can't remember exactly, but I had to change how it was quoted. I think I changed from single quotes(') to double quotes(").

Hope this helps,
Tony
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you using a Custom trigger? If so, "OK" will need to be quoted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.