Phantom error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jamesvanam
Participant

Phantom error

Post by Jamesvanam »

I'm Trying to Insert a value into an oracle table, my source is also oracle, but I'm performaing a logic, like changing the output date depending on the input date.
anyway while doing this, I was getting ORA error "ORA- 1856: a non-numeric character found instead where a digit was expected" so I changed the date format in transform and concatinated a time value to it. now the data is loaded into the target but DataStage spits out an error
"DataStage Job 52 Phantom 3164
Program "JOB.2000320632.DT.1340850175.TRANS1": Line 57, Nonnumeric data when numeric required. Zero used.
Program "JOB.2000320632.DT.1340850175.TRANS1": Line 57, Nonnumeric data when numeric required. Zero used.
DataStage Phantom Finished
"
So I'm not able to figure out where this error is generated.
I was thinking while concatinating the Time to the date I've added a space in between. does this matter.

Please Help
Regards
Vanam
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Check all of the metadata carefully in your transformer. You can also write the same data that you're writing to Oracle to a delimited file and check it out to see if anything looks wrong.

Good Luck,
Tony
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Please post your derivation for appending the time
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Jamesvanam
Participant

Post by Jamesvanam »

This is my derivation.
here FINAL is a stage variable which computes to a date in the format "DD MONTH YYYY"
Oconv(Iconv(FINAL,'D/E'),'D YMD'): " " : Oconv(@TIME,'MTHS')
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

My guess is that this is not your problem. You have some mathematical expression that is using non-numeric data inside some column derivation in your transformer. Look for anything that is doing math and investigate.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Jamesvanam
Participant

Post by Jamesvanam »

This is the logic

FINAL = if (DSLink3.ATTRIBUTE8 < "1990/09/30") then Oconv(Iconv("07/01/1990",'D/E'),'D DMY[,A,]') Else if (

"1990/09/30" < DSLink3.ATTRIBUTE8 > "09/30/1993" ) then

(Oconv((MONTH.LAST(BETWEEN)+1),'D DMY[,A,]')) else @NULL

and
BETWEEN = Field(DSLink3.ATTRIBUTE8,'/',1) :"-": Field(DSLink3.ATTRIBUTE8,'/',2)

and the Derivation is
Oconv(Iconv(FINAL,'D/E'),'D YMD'): " " : Oconv(@TIME,'MTHS')

what I'm doing is if my input date is less than 1990/09/30 then I output 1990/07/01 or if it is between 1990/09/30 and 1993/09/03 then 1st day of the next month everything else is a NULL
and I'm using BETWEEN stage variable just to convert input date to "yyyy-mm" format
I've been trying different things but was getting new errors, spend more than 15 hrs on this date thing, can't figure it out. please help

Thanks
James
jseclen
Participant

Post by jseclen »

Hi James,

Did you check the database date format???

When thats formats are different present this problems

I hope this help.

:wink:
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OCI expects you to be using a datatype of Timestamp when dealing with DATE fields, in "YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS" format. Read the plugin documentation for the stage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On the server machnie take a look at the code generated by compiling the Transformer stage. This can be found at RT_BP3164/JOB.2000320632.DT.1340850175.TRANS1 - what's happing in and around line 57?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Jamesvanam
Participant

Post by Jamesvanam »

Thanks for all the suggestions, I checked the fully generated query I've used, for some reason the order wasn't right, then I did a userdefined SQL query, and with the necessary timestamp format, it works fine.
but still I wonder how could that happen, the generated query did a mismatch of the order of the columns while inserting into the database table.
Regards
Jamy
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... another reason to not use the Fully Generated option. :? I personally stick with Column Generated.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers