Finding all jobs that are using 'Create Table' option in OCI

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nkumar_home
Participant

Finding all jobs that are using 'Create Table' option in OCI

Post by nkumar_home »

I have a routine to search jobs for a string but it does not work for this case since the 'Create Table' is an option in datastage and searching for string 'create table' does not return anything. Is there any specific string I need to look for to identify jobs using this option. In the logfiles on the other hand the options are converted to the actual sql ddl I think. Is there a routine to search through all job logs and identify ones that use the ddl options.

Thanks
Naren
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
May be if you share your routine, it might solve your problem.

Ketfos
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The create table is a flag. You need to generate the DDL. If you save the DDL then I think you can find it. Depends on how your wrote your routine.
Mamu Kim
nkumar_home
Participant

Post by nkumar_home »

FYI...
I think I have found a round about way of doing this. I am exporting the jobs in the project in XML format and writing a job to parse it to look for a property value of 'Yes' for the 'CREATETABLE' node.
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

I believe this is probably the most straight forward way of doing what you want since this particular data is stored as MV data in the repository and short of writing a routine or creating new dict items your solution is great.

Regards,