Help on DS on Solaris.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shiv_nm
Participant

Help on DS on Solaris.

Post by shiv_nm »

I have installed DS version 7.5 standard edition in Solaris.
I need to know how to have ODBC Driver in Solaris. Do we have any third party tools to have ODBC drivers for DB version 8, SQL server and LSP and Oracle 8i.

When i created a job using DB2 bulk stage and ran it i got a error like this
"ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of dsdb2.so - ld.so.1: phantom: fatal: libdb2.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory"

Can any body tell me why this error like this?

Please help me its urgent.

Regards
Shiv
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Oracle is fully supported using the Oracle client connectivity software supplied by Oracle. Your Oracle admins should be able to help you on this. SQL-Server is supported using the ODBC drivers installed with DataStage. DB2 is handled the same way.

There is a lot of installation/configuration documentation on the install cd, plus search this forum. The best help is Ascential technical support.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

SQL Server is also a choice on the Dynamic Relational Stage (DRS) on DataStage v7.1.0. I haven't tested it, though...

Tony
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

There IS some setting up to do.

Add database-specific environment variable settings to the dsenv script in the DataStage Engine directory.

If you want ODBC access, you will also need to edit the .odbc.ini file, and the uvodbc.config file in the project from which access is required.

Search the forum (or your installation and upgrade guide) for details on how to do these things. There are also readme files in the branded_odbc directory (a sibling of the DSEngine directory) which explain how you can test the ODBC drivers supplied with DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.