SQLSERVER stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ksmurthys
Participant

SQLSERVER stage

Post by ksmurthys »

Hi

I am new to datastage.Is there any stage to connect directly to SQLSERVER 2000 database? Pls help me out.

Thanks,
Murthy.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only way to connect to SQL Server from a UNIX machine is via the ODBC driver supplied with DataStage. You will need to declare a DSN bu editing .odbc.ini in the Engine and uvodbc.config in the project.

On a Windows server, again ODBC is the usual method, though you will also be able to use OLEDB. Either will need a DSN configured. Don't use a User DSN, however.

To answer the question implied by your subject line, there is no specific SQL Server stage type, even in the Windows-based version of DataStage. While it would be possible to write one (the API is published), no-one's felt the need, and there are lots of sites out there connecting to SQL Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.