DRS stage - Reference link with Multiple row result set

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Xanadu
Participant

DRS stage - Reference link with Multiple row result set

Post by Xanadu »

hello,
I know DRS stage does not support 'Reference link with Multiple row result set'...
Is there any work around for this ? I am using ODBC stage just in this particular job as a temporary solution. But any other fix ?

Thanks in adv
-Xan
sumitgulati
Participant

Post by sumitgulati »

What is the exact requirement? In case of multiple match found from the look up you want:
1) All of them to be returned OR
2) First value to be returned OR
3) Last value to be returned

Regards,
Sumit
Xanadu
Participant

Post by Xanadu »

I want all of them to be returned..I guess the by default the last row/value is returned.

Thanks Sumit.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First row, I believe. :? The only 'workaround' at this point in time is to use one of the two stages that support that functionality - the ODBC or UV stages.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sumitgulati
Participant

Post by sumitgulati »

Yaa, then the only work around possible is to use ODBC or UV stage.
If you are using ODBC stage then go to the transformer properties \ Input tab. Select the reference link from the drop down box and check the option "Reference link with multi row result set".

Regards,
Sumit
Xanadu
Participant

Post by Xanadu »

yup yup..infact, as i already mentioned in my original post I used the ODBC stage as a temporary fix ..
Earlier whenever we had this problem we used to switch to ODBC but in these EPM jobs was not sure if I wud want to switch since its DRS all over..

thanks anyways...
-Xan