still fix on delta :(

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobby
Participant

still fix on delta :(

Post by bobby »

hi,
i am sturggling with delta stuff i read crc example too ,
i was looking at compare (string1,string2[,justification])
syntax

i have source string1 and hash file from staging string 2
i said compare(string1,string2 ) what justifaction shoule be done so that
delts can be read ,pl advice i will be obliged any example will be help
oracle source and oracle stg.

well i am trying this syntax my hash file from stg is dslink39
its red error plz advice wil it take care of delta plz advice.

COMPARE (DSLink7.OMC_ORDER_ID,DSLink39.OMC_ORDER_ID[, IF DSLink7.OMC_ORDER_ID=DSLink39.OMC_ORDER_ID then DSLink39.OMC_ORDER_ID else DSLink7.OMC_ORDER_ID] )
Thanks,
bobby
Last edited by bobby on Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the on-line help for the Compare() function. The justifiction argument is optional; if used it must be "L" or "R" (if not given, "L" is assumed). The square brackets are not part of the syntax; they serve only to indicate that the argument is optional. This is a very common convention in IT documentation.

If you have gotten that far you will also realize that the expression that you have inside the square brackets does not evaluate to either "L" or "R" and so is invalid.

Write out in English (or French, if you're more comfortable with that) what it is - exactly - that you wish the result of this calculation to be. You may find that this clears your mind about how to build an appropriate expression. If not, post your descriptive effort here, and others may be able to suggest an appropriate syntax. On parle Francais, seulement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.