loading Column information - how to remove derivation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raghu_akk
Participant

loading Column information - how to remove derivation

Post by raghu_akk »

Hello all,
I am loading columns of a table using the load button in the columns tab of the DRS stage. I select the table whose columns are to be imported from the list of the imported table definitions. But the problem is I see this in the derivation column :
<databasename>.<username>.tablename.columnname.
I am passing these values as parameters and I dont want it to appear. I dont want anything to appear in the derivation column.
I looked at the settings of table definitions in both designer and manager but could not find any.
Can someone help.

Thanks in adv.
-Raghu
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

This how datastage behave when we import meta data from the repository using load. You can always delete the derivation from removing from the tab. There isn't any setting in datastage to do this automatically.

Thanks
Siva
raghu_akk
Participant

Post by raghu_akk »

"delete the derivation from removing from the tab"
did not get it..u mean by explicitly double clicking in that data field and removing it..or is there any way we can remove all the fields at the same time ?

thanks siva

This how datastage behave when we import meta data from the repository using load. You can always delete the derivation from removing from the tab. There isn't any setting in datastage to do this automatically.

Thanks
Siva
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Yes

Double click the derivation column and manually delete the derivation for all the columns.

Siva
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, the easiest way to solve this problem is to not use the "Load" button to bring your metadata in. :shock: I dislike the way it loads the "full path" to a field in the derivation and prefer to leave it blank, so poked around and found another way to do it!

In the Designer, make sure you have the Repository Browser open and that you are displaying your Table Definitions. Find the entry for the metadata that you would normally "load" and - with the target stage closed - left-click and drag the entry over onto the link you want to associate with that metadata. Let go and you'll get the same column selection dialogue you get when you load the data, but - here's the difference - it will leave all of your derivations empty. :wink:

Give that a shot.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Hi,
We can clear the column derivations one by one if the columns are less in number.

The approach I follow is

ODBC --------TFM -------- SEQ

Put a sequential file Stage as target.
Open the tranformer stage.
Move all the columns form source stage to target.

Delete the columns from the source.
Again move all the columns from the target to source stage.

Now you will find all the derivations were removed.

HTH,

Phani