JobStatus

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

c341
Participant

JobStatus

Post by c341 »

Hi,
I have 10 jobs in the sequencer, I have parameter in all the jobs....
Ex: I've password that are encrypted in all the job parameter...
I'm having problem with this password...When i set the password to the default value...it works fine....when i put the parameter name (used in the sequencer) ..its not working fine..In the log it says...null password logon denied.....but i have values for the parameter name...
Please post me some suggestions..
Thank You - Gajendr
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The main thing to check is that you have spelt the parameter name correctly in your sequence job. Revisit the job stage that is failing, use the "Insert Parameter" button to paste your sequence job parameter name, rerun the job.

I know I've done this a thousand times where I've either mispelt the name of the parameter in the database stage of the server job or in the server job stage of the sequence job.

The other thing you can do is examine the first log message in your server job log which should show all parameter names and parameter values passed into the job.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi

Please check any space in the password parameter. Better you remove the job parameter and insert freshly.
anupam
Participant

Post by anupam »

Hello

We also faced the similar problem but that on 5.2.1, The solution for this is to use the Data Type as STRING instead of Encrypted.

If u set the parameter then the Job will run Fine. Only condition is you should not set the default Parameters from Director. If u set or change any Parameter from Director then it will again not accept tha password ( This has been observed in Our Case ).

This happens only for few Jobs say abt 5% of the Jobs.
I hope that this is the Bug.
----------------
Rgds,
Anupam
----------------
The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It is. I've had one or two jobs in the last couple of years where I was "forced" to change a password from Encrypted to String, otherwise I was only able to use the original default value. Any attempt to change it via the Director would result in the 'null password' error noted earlier. :evil: BTW, it's still happening in 7.0.1.

Of course, this whole problem is solved by job control that pulls connection information from a flat file or database...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers