Run dsjob on local machine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

appcon
Participant

Run dsjob on local machine

Post by appcon »

Hi,

I am new to this tool and I need some help. I am trying to run the job from my local machine and I am using dsjob to do that. But i am getting a msg that the cmd is not recoginsed.

I am able to compile the job from cmd prompt using dscc but to execute dsjob do I have to set any envr variables or path or anything as such.

Could anyone walk me to as to how i can run the jobs using dsjob on client machine.

Later, I have to work on running these jobs using autosys. so any advice on autosys is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sri.
neena
Participant

Post by neena »

Check your Path and run the command
appcon
Participant

Post by appcon »

I am running the dsjob cmd from the ... ascential\datastage folder. Is this what you meant by path or something related to server.

Correct me if I am wrong.
auvray.muriel
Participant

Post by auvray.muriel »

Hi,

The dsjob.exe command is in the repertory of the engine

==> by default on windows /Ascential/datastage/Engine/bin

Try this :wink:

Muriel
appcon
Participant

Post by appcon »

I tried this path...but still no success. when i execute the dsjob cmd I got err msgs First asking for vmdsapi.dll then dsclnt32.dll and then dsrpc32.dll. The first one I got it from /dsdk/bin folder and the rest two from my local machine system32 folder.

Now that the dsjob is running, I tried to execute the logon, and run clauses and its giving me errors.

I am wondering is my process right. Am I doing anything wrong because of which its not allowing me to execute the dsjob cmds.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Sri.
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Copy and paste from the dos cmd window exactly what you execute and what output you got, it's probably something trivial.

Ogmios
appcon
Participant

Post by appcon »

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

It worked finally !!!

Sri.