Cant View File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kate_gkl
Participant

Cant View File

Post by kate_gkl »

I have created a job to import source data with some transformation. My output is a sequential file with the data formatted.

I can run the job successfully. However, when I would like to view the file, I could not open it and getting this error message:
Unable to access file: /source/TestFixedWidth.txt
from server: 128.230.254.10

(DSR.MetaGeta(GET.SEQ.SAMPLE): OPENSEQ of /source/TestFixedWidth.txt took ELSE clause, STATUS()=0)
May I know what is rhe problem that occur? Hope can get some guidance from you guys.

Thanks very much. Cheers~~~
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Check the user permission on the file. If you ran the job with a different user and then try to read from another user it will give this error. First thing is to check the permission.

Thanks
Siva
kate_gkl
Participant

Post by kate_gkl »

Thanks Rasi for your reply. The user permission might be the problem. But I try to open the file straight after i ran the job by using the same user id.

May i know is there other reason that will cause this problem?

Thanks! Cheers~~
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

The error says Access Denied. The only reason is you don't have permission to access that file. If the file is missing then it would have said Unable to open the file.

Thanks
Rasi