Unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suri
Participant

Unix

Post by suri »

Hi
Can we invoke Shell Scripts from NT Client as Before and After Routines.

Thanks in Advance
Surya
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
In general yes.
the question is what are you trying to do?
if you could elaborate on this people will try to help :).
who knows,you might get a better alternative if you'll let us in on what you want/need to acomplish ;)

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Normally you would run batch files from NT and shell scripts from UNIX. If you have something like MKS Toolkit then you can run shell scripts in Windows. You can run those from NT DataStage as well. If you are talking remote executing UNIX shell scripts from Windows NT DataStage then you would need remsh or rsh emulator for Windows. There are several you can buy. If you are running Control M then it can do this as well.

That is why we need more information to answer your question. I think you could also do a search and see this answered before.
Mamu Kim
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Before/After shell scripts get executed on the server, not on the client. You mention you are using NT clients, this is not really relevent to job and shell script execution, everything depends on the operating system of the server.
srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srimitta »

We have Server and Client is on NT.

One more issue i have is Can we Write to A reject file from Derivation if Condition Fails., Any one ...any iformation on this would greatly help me.

Thankyou
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You should start a new topic next time. When you check the reject link checkbox then it will write rows the fail the constraints on the links above it. So I think the answer is yes.
Mamu Kim