List of Hash files used in all categories

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raj_cipher
Participant

List of Hash files used in all categories

Post by raj_cipher »

Hi All,

I am using hash files in most of my jobs.
I want to know the list of hash files used and in what are all jobs that
hash file is used.Is there any way i could the information?
Think Ahead,
Raj.D
sumitgulati
Participant

Post by sumitgulati »

I have had exactly the similar kind of a requirement before but couldn't find out a very good way of doing it.

I guess the DataStage gurus will definitely have a better suggestion to make but here is what I did:
1) Get a list of all your user defined hash files in a sequential file - say A.txt.
2) export all the jobs in an XML file.
3) Write a simple program using C or VB or anything you are comfortable with to parse the XML file to find out if the names present in A.txt file are present in it. In case of any match found it will write the Job Name into another text file under which it found the match.

I do not have a readymade code with me right now but its not as hard as it sounds. Its fairly simple. All you need to do is get the placeholders for Job Name in the XML file.

Good luck
Sumit
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It is fairly easy in doc_tool.mdb. I posted a query a long time ago which would do it. Ray posted one last week or the week before which would do it using a SQL select against DS_JOBOBJECTS. You would have to add a join to DS_JOBS to get the category. Look for those posts and if you still cannot figure it out then ask again.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the table definitions are in the Repository in the Hashed category, which is the default location, you're able to get them with a query on DS_METADATA. This table also has the CATEGORY column available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.