Typical Problem with Extraction

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asvictor
Participant

Typical Problem with Extraction

Post by asvictor »

Hi,

I have a requirement. I have to extract data from DB2 table which is largevarchar in DB2. the Maximum size of the field is 32K. The source data for this field is split into differect records and stored. When we extract the data, we have to concatenate them and store in a Hash File or Seq File for further Processing. Is there a way to store the data in a Hash File, since the size of the Output field will be large and dont know whether can store in a hash File or Text file.

Someone help me Please??

Cheers,

Victor
Victor Auxilium
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Hash files can store really large records. If you use dynamic files then there is a large record option when you create it. Do a search. Ray explained how to use it. You could always use a type 19 hash file which is a directory at the OS level so each record is a DOS or UNIX file. These can be huge and not really slow down Universe too much.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you not set the metadata definition to VarChar with a precision of 32000?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.