Reporting tool doc_tool.mdb location

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Neil C
Participant

Reporting tool doc_tool.mdb location

Post by Neil C »

Can the location of the standard doc_tool.mdb database be changed from the default C: drive directory to another local drive or network drive? Failing this, I could try to find an Oracle database somewhere with enough space free.

If so, how can I do this? If not, I may get my disk partitioning changed to have more than the current 4G on the C: drive.

Cheers,
Neil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes and yes.

If you move doc_tool.mdb, simply edit (configure) the ODBC data source DSReporting

To use an Oracle database, there's a bit of setting up. In the DataStage client directory (C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage\Documentation Tool) you will find oracle.sql, which is a script to create the required tables in Oracle. You also need to configure an ODBC data source name to connect to that Oracle database. When using the Reporting Assistant, select the Options tab and select that DSN rather than DSReporting.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.