Anyone seen this error?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anyone seen this error?

Post by tonystark622 »

Example 1
LoadPartEffectivity..part_eff3.parts53: dsintbuf_getrow() - row has 887 columns when 16 expected

Example 2
LoadPartEffectivity..valid_parts.part_app11: dsintbuf_getrow() - row has 157 columns when 101 expected

This job has been running for a while with no changes (since April). Maybe goofy data?

Tony
ogmios
Participant

Re: Anyone seen this error?

Post by ogmios »

Goofy data :D ...

Ogmios
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
Can you please explain what you are trying to achieve along with inputs ?

Thks
Ketfos
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Hi Ketfos,

This job has been working on that system since April. It has failed twice today in different places with those errors. One place was the output of a transformer. The other was either into or out of a Sort stage.

I'm somewhat puzzled.

Tony
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Hi ,

We have also faced this problem while loading customer data , our source is comm seperated file customer file , some time we got comm "," character in address filed , this increase of no of column and job aborted at the time of loading .

If you have also this problem , open file and find out particular row value , and arrange to ractify source data .

Thanks

Arun Verma
Arun Verma
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Hi Arun,

I just finished re-running the job from the same input file and it ran successfully, so I don't think it's data related.

Perhaps it's some kind of a resource issue.

Tony
leo_t_nice
Participant

Post by leo_t_nice »

Hi

We experienced a similar error when we used user-generated SQL in a database stage.

Maybe you have a different number of columns defined in the 'Column' tab compared to the number of columns in the SQL select statement (if you ARE using and SQL statement of course :) )

HTH

L
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Hi Leo!

No, I'm using a flat file as input. It's the same file that I was using as input when the job failed yesterday. It worked today.

Weird, strange and wonderful.

Tony
dhiraj
Participant

Post by dhiraj »

Hello,
I recieved the same error today. I am running a multi instance job. And as tony pointed out , when i reran the job it went through just fine. The error message is given below.

dsintbuf_getrow() - row has 369 columns when 39 expected.

I am running on UNix (HP Super dome).
This error occurs randomly and in different jobs. Any inputs on the causes and solution will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Dhiraj
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Are you sure your input data is correct. What usually happens is that e.g. you pick a ',' as seperator and some input field internally also contains a ','. This will lead DataStage to see more columns than actually were intended.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
dhiraj
Participant

Post by dhiraj »

Yes the input data is correct. The job completed successfully when i reran it using the same input datafile.

Thanks

Dhiraj
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

I finally found that the problem was caused by using inter-process row buffering on the job. If you disable row buffering it will fix it (Ascential says v7.5 is fixed, but I haven't tested it). Oddly enough there's another bug in disabling row buffering, so it doesn't actually disable it. What I've found works is to select in-process row buffering and save the dialog (click OK), then open the Job Properties again and disable row buffering. If go from inter-process row buffering to disabling row buffering it won't work.

Tony
dhiraj
Participant

Post by dhiraj »

Thanks Tony.

I am using 7.5 so it's obvious that it is not fixed in it.
Let me trying disabling it. I may not be happy doing so though.

Regards
Dhiraj
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Hmmm. I didn't see the problem in 7.5 when we tested it. We did have other problems with 7.5 and didn't move to it. I am testing 7.5.1A now, in my spare time. We'll see...

Tony