XML Transformaer creating Multiple files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkumar28
Participant

XML Transformaer creating Multiple files

Post by rkumar28 »

Hi,

I have a situation...I have One Input XML source file and am generating another XML file in a desired format as an output using stylesheet. I am using the XML transformer to read the input.xml and produce the output.xml.
The job runs fine and am getting the desired output data in my output.xml file. But the XML transformer is generating multiple output.xml files(something like output1.xml,output2.xml.....output6.xml......). I just want to create one output.xml file.

I tried doing the same thing...using the XML Input stage...but get quite a few error like:
XMLTest3..XML_Input_0: XSLT Processor: Unknown element on the output. Element Name = "NAME OF THE ELEMENT form xml comes here"

Can you please advice me in resolving this situation.

Thanks
Raj
rkumar28
Participant

Re: XML Transformaer creating Multiple files

Post by rkumar28 »

HI Guys...Any Input on this one....

Thanks
Raj
dsnovice
Participant

Re: XML Transformaer creating Multiple files

Post by dsnovice »

rkumar28 wrote:HI Guys...Any Input on this one....

Thanks
Raj
Raj, were you able to resolve this error, as I am also getting the same error. please any clues or advise on this will be of great help.

Thank you,

novice
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

This usually happens when you set the "Output mode" to "Single row" on the Transformation Settings tab of the output stage. To quote the help file "Single row. Select to generate one XML document per input row."

If you switch to "Aggregate all rows" you get one XML document for all input rows.