Another Abnormal Termination

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedummy
Participant

Another Abnormal Termination

Post by datastagedummy »

I am getting an abnormal termination of stage and when I do a reset of the Aborted job this is what I get "From Previous Run"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From previous run
DataStage Job 1833 Phantom 21779
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 10. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program *DataStage*DSR_LOADSTRING at address 9e2.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From previous run
DataStage Job 1833 Phantom 21681
jobnotify: Unknown error
DataStage Phantom Finished.
[21779] DSD.StageRun KDW1RDOSInvoiceShipHeaderS002. KDW1RDOSInvoiceShipHeaderS002.tDOSInvoiceShipHeader 1 0/0 - core dumped.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea on why I get the "From Previous Run" 2 times ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Answering only the second question, you get two "from previous run" messages because there were (at least) two active stage types that had aborted without writing their information into the job log. Or one from the job, and one from the Transfomer stage KDW1RDOSInvoiceShipHeaderS002.

That there's an error from the internal routine *DataStage*DSR_LOADSTRING suggests to me that there might be a bug; contact your support provider. Without knowing more about what the job is trying to do it's difficult to diagnose. Does it occur reliably, or only once? What else was happening on the system at the time, that may have been chewing up memory?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.