The Oliver Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivasb
Participant

Archiving Oliver Knowledge

Post by srinivasb »

Hi,

Its a great idea to archive the learnings from Oliver.Actually I had a suggestion which I will try to articulate.

OS ---> Win/Unix (Possible I layer)
Component wise---> Server and Client
Client ---> Admin, Mgr,Des, Director
Under each component , start off with issues on installation, going on to project based issues, common work arounds, best practices etc.

IN addition a topic wise search will be an extremely useful. The most useful value addition is a possible set of CD Roms which contain the matter in an indexed fashion. T4DS can collect a nominal charge and also make it a monthly publishing.

Regards
Srinivas.B
datastage
Participant

Archiving Oliver Knowledge

Post by datastage »

It would be a time consuming task to fully analyze and re-organize the oliver content in a better presentation manner, but it is a good idea to investigate all the possilble means to do this.

For a starting point, you could focus on creating a FAQ. There seems to be a variety of questions that get asked multiple times and are contained in multiple threads. This would present a 'super answer' to the common questions and lessen the impact of them being re-asked as there would now already be an apparent answer.

I also like srinivasb's comment about having the content indexed and available on CD.