Error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0973N Not enough sto

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0973N Not enough sto

Post by amsh76 »

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me why this error occurs ?

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0973N Not enough storage is available in the "APP_CTL_HEAP_SZ" heap to process the statement. SQLSTATE=57011

And whats the solution ?? Basically, I am using an DB2 API stage to join few tables as a source.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This one's a DB2 configuration error, not a DataStage error. Check with your DB2 DBA, who will tell you why there isn't enough storage space in the heap in question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
denzilsyb
Participant

Post by denzilsyb »

A quick search on the internet and I get this:

Explanation: All available memory for this heap has been used. The statement cannot be processed.

User Response: Terminate the application on receipt of this message (SQLCODE). Increase the configuration parameter for "<heap-name>" to increase the heap size

http://webdocs.caspur.it/ibm/web/udb-6. ... ql0900.htm

It could be that your statement being parsed needs to be tuned, or that the above needs to happen.
dnzl
"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves" - Robert Anton Wilson
tille
Participant

Post by tille »

Problem probably solved long time ago, but, just some additional info on the subject for others running into the same problem.:

You solve the problem in your datastage job, by decreasing the 'Array Size' in your DB2 stage.

If this is not acceptable, you'll have to make the DBA increase the tempspace
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

And thanks for the useful advice. Obviously if you send (or request) a large array of information to (or from) the database, it will need more memory to store the array than it would for a smaller array. And you've hit a configured limit when this error occurs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tille
Participant

Post by tille »

<<Welcome aboard!
<<And thanks for the useful advice.

you're welcome, thought it was about time to contribute with something after lurking for solutions in other areas since i joined. :D