Abnormal Termination

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

teety
Participant

Abnormal Termination

Post by teety »

After running 3 control jobs in paralell,job hv aborted with abnormal termination error.

I have sunfire server with 6CPUs and 6GB rams. There is no other application or software running but DS version 7.0.

When we monitor from unix via vmstat command ,we have found that it has fluctuated in r in q from 1 to 600 while CPU idle ramain available.

And my uvconfig file following this:
MFILES 91
T30FILES 1000
DMEMOFF 0xf1960000
PMEMOFF 0xf202c000

Have anyone ever face this case? Plzzzz help me.

Regards,
1stpoint
Participant

further investigation.

Post by 1stpoint »

What was the job doing when it Abnormally terminated?

Did the process core dump?

Did you try running ps -aux while the job is running to see if it's leaking memory?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What warning messages are in the job log of (a) the sequence, and (b) the controlled jobs? Reset them all, then check also for any "from previous run..." message, which might contain additional diagnostic information.
Did all three jobs abort?
What, if any, were your trigger settings in the job sequence? Are you handling "job failed" situations, perhaps via a Notification Activity?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.