Commit/Rollback from Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suma
Participant

Commit/Rollback from Datastage

Post by suma »

While loading Lacks of records into the target,i need to commit, say after every 50 records ...How can i do this While loading data into the Target using Datastage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What database?

There should typically be a tab on the stage you are using for 'Transaction' control. One of the fields should be 'Transaction Size' - set this to 50 to commit every 50 records.

That being said, recognize the fact that this will complicate your restart strategy. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suma
Participant

Post by suma »

What does the auto-commit in Transaction Handling tab of an ODBC stage do?Can i use Auto-Commit option to commit after loading every 50 records into my Oracle Database.I dont find any other option to specify the same!Can any one explain me how to proceed with this!
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

If you give "auto-commit" automatically commit after each transaction (like insert or update or delete). This is not good idea b'cus commit and rollback will not under our control.

So based on you database and situation u will set the Transaction' type...
acb
Participant

Post by acb »

Hi Suma,

When one selects 'Auto-commit' as the isolation level in Transaction Handling tab of an ODBC stage, each write is committed separately. But,
in order to perform 'Commit' after a specified number of records, one must specify the number in 'Rows per transaction' field, provided in the same tab.

Regards,
Bhanu.