Reject Links and Array sizing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ravindar
Participant

Reject Links and Array sizing

Post by Ravindar »

Hi all,
Up to my knowledge I know that "we have to set Array size of a ORACLE stage to 1 in order to get the rejected records."
-PLZ correct me if the above statement is wrong.

If the statement is right than it will hit performance at production site where there may be millions of records.
Is there any remedy for this issue?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Reject Links and Array sizing

Post by chulett »

Ravindar wrote:Up to my knowledge I know that "we have to set Array size of a ORACLE stage to 1 in order to get the rejected records."
-PLZ correct me if the above statement is wrong.
Right and wrong. You'll still get rejected rows with an Array Size of something other than 1, the problem is it won't always log the right row as the rejected one or the correct reject row count. Unless this has been corrected... I've haven't tested out 7.1r1 yet. :?

There are a ton of factors that influence your 'performance' question. The Array Size can make a difference when reading from Oracle, but I haven't seen it have a major impact on write performance. A simple test is to take one of your jobs and load the exact same information through it multiple times, each time changing the Array Size and seeing if (in your environment) how performance changes. You'll also find that setting it too high will eventually degrade performance.

Besides, you shouldn't be using the OCI stages to insert millions of records - it would never finish in anything remotely resembling a reasonable amount of time. Bulk load them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers