Give detail explanation of Realtime in datastage 7.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gughanand
Participant

Give detail explanation of Realtime in datastage 7.1

Post by Gughanand »

I need more information on realtime ( xml input,xml output, xml transformer) in datastage 7.1....Kindly help me in giving the detail explanation..!!!

3 main questions to be answered :-

1) Use of Real time stages.
2) how can we create jobs using realtime stages
3) In which situation can we go for realtime stages
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The real time interface (RTI) allows you to set up DataStage jobs that can run as a service in real time. For example, a data entry operator enters name and address details then, when complete, an RTI service is invoked to validate the entered data. This might even go so far as to use Quality Stage to verify that the address actually exists.

You create jobs using real time stages the same way you create any other jobs, by creating instances of the stages in the design canvas and linking them to other stages. The main difference is that, to get it working, the real time agent must be installed, licensed, configured and working.

Other than that, perform a search for RTI on the Ascential web site, where you will be able to garner a lot more information about the concept behind RTI.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.