Intelligent Assistant's effect on reinstalling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastage
Participant

Intelligent Assistant's effect on reinstalling

Post by datastage »

I've got computers in which different information is presented in the Add or Remove Programs module of the Windows operating system. One install lists the installation size as the exact same amount of MB as the DataStage client. The other install lists it as the sum of the client and server installs. (Both computer have Server and client installed on them). At least one of these values must be wrong, and I'm assuming both, surely the Intelligent Assistants doesn't take up over 100 MB of disk space right?

Also, when uninstalling DS in order to install another version of DS, do you think there is any difference in the order in which they should be installed? IE, should Intelligent Assistants be installed first or last, or it doesn't matter? I have noticed that if you uninstall the client before the XML pack you are unable to uninstall the XML Pack...

Nothing major, just curious if anyone knew any reason to uninstall it first or last...

Thanks
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure