DSD.StageRun

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mark j
Participant

DSD.StageRun

Post by Mark j »

Hi
When i am running a job which has 4 lookups and a driver file with 30 million records and 5 output files and each of these files are directed to seperated directories then why while running the job, When i looked into project directory this file is increasing in Megabytes as processing for job is going on.... &PH&/DSD_StageRun1392 .... my worry is our project directory is only 7 GB and if i calculate for this single job its taking up upto 4GB when the job is finished. I have checked for all paths and i don't see any wrong with them(nothing is default) so what could be the reason for this and my job is processing at 42 rows/sec which i believe will take around 20 hrs to process allthe records.

Thanks
Mark
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

The &PH& directory captures DS BASIC runtime error messages. If this directory is filling up then it's a sign that the job is generating zillions of error messages into the screen capture file you noticed.

My suggestion is to run only a few rows thru and see the error message and correct it.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Mark j
Participant

Post by Mark j »

Hi Kenneth,

You are right , i am getting error messages due to handling of empty strings but why do these errors doesn't show up on the job log..

Thanks
Mark
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Because screen output are runtime error messages and DB rejects are responses from targets.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSD.StageRun is the name of the subroutine executed to implement a Transformer stage.
You can examine the generated source code in the RT_BPnnn directory, where nnn is the job number from DS_JOBS (search the Forum for RT_BP).
You should be able to diagnose where the problem lies. The fix is going to be to correct the handling of null values and zero-length strings.
If all data handling is correct, none of these warnings will occur.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.