uv command invoke errors out looking for a specific module.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Athorne
Participant

uv command invoke errors out looking for a specific module.

Post by Athorne »

I've seen several topics on this same issue but the recommendations described have not fixed my issue. When I invoke the uv command I'm getting this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program uv because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module libgciudt6.so could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module libgciudt6.so.
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

I've got the dsenv being sourced in through my .profile and I can verify that the LIBPATH contains the right path to the .so it's looking for. I've even added the location into PATH, still getting the same error. It's not a security issue I've got rwx on the file and to the $DSHOME/lib directory. If anyone has suggestions or knows a fix, please let me know.

Thanks,
Andy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the LIBPATH set in the dsenv file also include the directory containing this library?
DataStage background processes use dsenv, rather than any .profile file, to initialize their environments.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Athorne
Participant

Post by Athorne »

Thanks for suggestion Ray, but its still not working. I checked the dsenv file and can verify that $DSHOME/lib is in the LIBPATH. I even went so far as to fully qualify it out and put it at the begining of the LIBPATH just incase for some reason $DSHOME is not getting defined correctly. Still it didn't work. I didn't know that the programs sourced the dsenv in the background. Thank you very much for that little gem of information, it will come in very handy. As for the library that I'm getting the error on, I've searched the entire box and there is only one so I'm not bumping heads with another version of it from what I can tell.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

If you do a ". ./dsenv" to source into your environment and then run bin/uvsh what measages to you get (please post exact message).

Your current error message indicates that file "libgciudt6.so" cannot be found. You need to trace this down.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Athorne
Participant

Post by Athorne »

Running bin/uvsh works it puts me into the prompt and I can access commands like DEADLOCK.MENU. The whole premise behind my accessing the UV command shell was part of an Ascential webcast where they showed the command line entries to enable the deadlock daemon. Their suggested method was:
$ cd `cat /.dshome`
$ . dsenv
$ ./bin/uv
$ DEADLOCK.MENU

I have not been able to get that to work yet. Running uvsh did the exact same thing though. I really appreciate the suggestion, this has fixed my issue. Not sure if I should be concerned that the uv command shell invoke doesn't work. Any advice...

Thanks,
Andy
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Try:

Code: Select all

$ cd `cat /.dshome`
$ . dsenv
$ ./bin/uv DEADLOCK.MENU
Else:

Code: Select all

$ cd `cat /.dshome`
$ . dsenv
$ ./bin/uvsh DEADLOCK.MENU
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Athorne
Participant

Post by Athorne »

The first code example gave the same result:

demo:tstapl44>./bin/uv DEADLOCK.MENU
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./bin/uv because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module libgciudt6.so could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module libgciudt6.so.
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exi
st.

The Second code example worked using ./bin/uvsh. I'm fine with the workaround, I'm just wondering if it should be a concern that the uv method of invoking the command shell is not working. The files uv and uvsh are very different in size. The only thing I can think of is that uv is owned by root but my admin ID is part of the group that has ownership. This install was done by root and the psdsadm ID was specified as the admin at the time of install.

-rwsr-x--x 1 root psdsprd 65659 Dec 08 11:05 uv

-rwxr-xr-x 1 psdsadm psdsprd 7706549 May 04 13:51 uvsh

Andy
jwhyman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwhyman »

For security reasons, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is ignored at runtime for executables that have their setuid or setgid bit set.