Job Sequencer, Warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

c341
Participant

Job Sequencer, Warnings

Post by c341 »

Hi
When i run the job sequencer.. if the job has more than 50 warnings ..then the job aborts....while i run the job separately it works fine with more than 50 warnings...and i have set no limits for rows and same for the warnings...

I found in the log after the abort sequencer job ...it says mode 0/50 ....job aborted after 50 warnings...what is this mode how can i change the limit....Is the warnings is a default one in the Job Sequencer..

Thank You - C341
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, 50 is the default setting for the Warnings limit, so it doesn't suprise me when you say everything aborts when a job hits that limit. When you run it "seperately", i.e. manually from Director (I assume) and specifically set the limits to "No Limit" then again it is expected behaviour that multiple warnings do not cause the job to abort. That being said...

I'm not aware of any way to specifically override Job limits from inside a Sequence Job - but then my jobs never log any warnings. :wink: There is a function you can call from custom Job Control, much like DSSetParam, that can be used before a job is started to override the default limits - from memory, DSSetWarnLimit or something very close. I believe that you can change the default value in the Job (or the Sequencer) itself and it will be used when under the control of a Sequence job, unless that's what you meant when you talked about running seperately - have you changed the default values in the jobs themselves? :? Have you tried changing the defaults for the Sequencer itself? If you have and it's still not working then I'm not sure what would be going on.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers