CFF stage stops before finishing processing the source data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Hong-ching Tang
Participant

CFF stage stops before finishing processing the source data

Post by Hong-ching Tang »

We use CFF stage to process a big source data file. We use "Data Format" EBCDIC and "Record Style "CR/LF" (as delimiter). This file has about 60,000 records, however, when we process it, it stops at around 4300 records with no error or warning msg at all as if it has finished processing. We checked the source file for any abnormalty around that location, and we do not see anything special/different there. Is there anyone else out there experienced this problem?
murur
Participant

Post by murur »

I am working on a prototype using CFF stage. If I have 88 level in cobol copy book then It couldn't read the record correctly. but it didn't raise any error.

If you are using cobol file definition, remove 88 level in copy book and import the definition and re-compile/run the job. See whether this issue related to 88 level ..?
Hong-ching Tang
Participant

Post by Hong-ching Tang »

No I do not think that was the problem. We do not have level 88 in the copybook. Besides, the first 4300 records that it did read in, it read in correctly. Thanks anyway.