what's new in datastageV7

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

what's new in datastageV7

Post by srimitta »

Hi,
I am working on datastage V6, on UNIX, my company plans to go for datastage V7. would you please help me in understanding...What's new in version 7. Please reply me AEAP.Any help will be great.
Thankyou
msr
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The detailed list is quite long from what I remember. The simplest way to get what you need is to order the actual upgrade and then check the readme. There will be an entire section dedicated to what's new in the release. You'll also get the new and/or updated pdf documentation that you can study.

As an aside, from what I remember there's nothing in there that invalidates what you are currently doing in Version 6. There are new stages for and more capabilities in both Server and Sequence Jobs. There are supposed to be significant improvements in PX jobs as well.

If you are a member of ADN there are documents uploaded into their File Libary that document some of this as well, I believe.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers