Datastage installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

acool
Participant

Datastage installation

Post by acool »

Hi,

I have a Datastage server software that is for HP platform. Is it possbile to install it on Sun Solaris?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nope.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
acool
Participant

unix installation

Post by acool »

I called the guy from Ascential who sent me the CD, he said that it works on all Unix platforms, including Sun.

chulett wrote:Nope.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well then, let us know how it goes.

Unless they are starting to distribute multi-platform releases, something for the "HP platform" - which I assume means HPUX - won't have the binaries you'd need for Sun. Be glad to be proven wrong...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Willo
Participant

Post by Willo »

Think chulett is right, I just got the discs last week and they are specifically solaris. The discs are for version 6 btw. I'd get on the phone to them and give em hell. :twisted:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may indeed find that binaries for all UNIXes are on the one CD, and that the actual operating system is embedded in the auth code so that the installer knows which binaries to copy. It's been a while since I looked at one!
This would make everyone correct! (Even though not useful.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.