Complex Flat File - Read input data file from Mainframe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

murur
Participant

Complex Flat File - Read input data file from Mainframe

Post by murur »

I am trying to read a Sequential data file (generated in Mainframe, EBCIDIC Format) using Complex Flat File (CFF) based cobol file definition.

I have copied the Source Data file from Mainframe to DS - Server machine (UNIX) manully and able to read the data file content and process it.

My Question is :

Can I directly read the data file which is available in Mainframe from the DS job and parse through CFF... How can I implement this..[/u]

any :idea:
hsubbarayan
Participant

Re: Complex Flat File - Read input data file from Mainframe

Post by hsubbarayan »

Were you able to read the mainframe file? I have a question about importing mainframe. I have Striva Detail installed on the DS Server. I am trying to import the datamap that was created in Striva but I get an error "No columns were imported". Any help is appreciated.

murur wrote:I am trying to read a Sequential data file (generated in Mainframe, EBCIDIC Format) using Complex Flat File (CFF) based cobol file definition.

I have copied the Source Data file from Mainframe to DS - Server machine (UNIX) manully and able to read the data file content and process it.

My Question is :

Can I directly read the data file which is available in Mainframe from the DS job and parse through CFF... How can I implement this..[/u]

any :idea:
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

We usually ftp the Mainframe Dataset into the UNIX box using FTP stage and then convert to ascii and do further processing.
Thanks,
Naveen
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You can use DS/390.