rows are not displayed on oracle when loaded using ORABULK

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gughanand
Participant

rows are not displayed on oracle when loaded using ORABULK

Post by Gughanand »

Kindly help me on this issue.When i load data into oracle using ORABULK stage in D.S ...In D.S director it shows Number rows written to target table.
But when i use select statment in oracle it gives the message as " No rows are selected".Pls tell me what will be the problem.
whether the problem in sql loader or in D.S ?.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What you are seeing in DataStage is the number of rows written to the data file for sqlldr.

The ORABULK stage creates the control and data files. It does not, however, run sqlldr to get these rows into Oracle.

You can invoke sqlldr from the After-Stage Subroutine section of the ORABULK stage. Choose ExecSH as the subroutine name, and put your entire sqlldr command in the Input Value field.

If you have used job parameters as part or all of the names of the control and data files in the ORABULK stage, you can use the same references in the Input Value field, for example:

Code: Select all

sqlldr #User#@#Database# #Password# #ControlFilePath#
References enclosed in hash characters (#) are references to job parameters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.