Handling Simplified Chinese with DataStage NLS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dhwankim
Premium Member
Premium Member

Handling Simplified Chinese with DataStage NLS

Post by dhwankim »

Hi Gurus.

I have a problems with handling Simplified Chineses with DataStage.
Actually DataStage is installed on Korean UNIX Server with NLS KSC5601.

My Default Character map is KSC5601. But I need to extracet Chineses Data from Remote ORALCE.
They(Chinese DBA) said their ORACLE is setup with NLS ZHS16GBK.
but I could not find that map in DataStage.
So I tried to extract their data with NLS MP936. but It seems wrong encoding with Chineses data.

And Second thing is , If I use datastage with NLS None, make also wrong encoding. I could not understand why datastage try to encode with NLS NONE.

PLS Help Me
Thanks in Advance.

DHwankim From Korea.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DaeHwan,

The NONE map is correctly used with hashed files, because these are already "inside" DataStage, so any data in them have already been mapped.

The only simplified Chinese map supplied with DataStage is GB 2312 (for UNIX) or MS936 (for Windows). You've stated that you're on UNIX, but have tried to use the Windows map.

It is possible to create your own maps, details of how to do this are in the UniVerse NLS Guide, which you can download from IBM's website (http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/u2 ... ls/NLS.pdf)

You might also contact Ascential support, who (as you know) have great experience with NLS maps for DataStage.

Regards,
Ray
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.