assigning parameters

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rakeshcv
Participant

assigning parameters

Post by rakeshcv »

hi, i'm new to data stage, please tell me how to asssign parameters.
thank you,
rakesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome to the Forum! :D

Job parameters are given default values in the Parameters tab of the job properties window.

When you request that a job be executed from the Director client (or in the Debugger in the Designer client), a Job Run Options dialog opens. This has a Limits tab, where you can limit the number of warnings that the job is allowed to generate.
If the job has any parameter, then the Job Run Options dialog also has a Parameters tab (which has focus initially). It is here that you can assign values to parameters for the run you are requesting.

If you request that a job be run using the dsjob command line interface, you use as many -param options as you need to assign values to the job's parameters. Any for which you do not provide values will be assigned its default value.

If you request a job be run from a job control routine (which is the kind of routine generated be compiling a job sequence), then the parameters are set using the DSSetParam() function. You should check that assignment of parameter values was successful in this code.

The job sequence GUI allows you to set up a job using a Job Activity. If your chosen job has parameters, then a grid is available in which you can enter an expression, or a constant, or a reference to the job sequence's own parameters. Whatever you enter here will determine the job's parameter value at run time.

HTH
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.