Importing DB2 Views in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ogmios
Participant

Re: Importing DB2 Views in Datastage

Post by ogmios »

Try Datastage Manager >> (1)Import >> (2)Table Definitions >> (3)ODBC Table Definitions.

Ogmios
Jay
Participant

Post by Jay »

hi luc,

i had a similar problem with DB2 7.2. you will have to give 777 permission to the directory where your tables are in the database. i read it in the documentation. you might want to take a look there too.

jay
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Jay wrote:hi luc,

i had a similar problem with DB2 7.2. you will have to give 777 permission to the directory where your tables are in the database. i read it in the documentation. you might want to take a look there too.

jay
Strange, never had that problem. A DataStage server doesn't even have to run on the same machine as the database so why would you need 777 permissions?

Ogmios
Jay
Participant

Post by Jay »

hi Ogmios,

i too have no idea. i came across this problem when only pl/sql queries were being accepted but was giving error when we were trying to access the tables directly. our DB2 7.2 was on an AIX 4.2 machine. we were using DS PX 7.0.

thanks
jay
narenkumar
Participant

Re: Importing DB2 Views in Datastage

Post by narenkumar »

Luciano
First try using a table instead of theview. Make sure it work for the table.
If it works for the table but not for views, try using a direct query as suggested by Jay. we had similar problems.
Thanks Naren
luciano
Participant

Post by luciano »

8) Hi, Everyone!

Thanks for requests! However, the problem must to be an user profile problem and not 777 permissions and so on. The DBA is working for solve this problem, but nobody knows if the problem is or not an user profile problem. If I have any solution, I will tell you the solution. For while, I am wainting for the DBA analysis.

If anyone has any idea, please, help-me.

Thanks for all,
Luciano Duarte
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

luciano wrote:8) Hi, Everyone!

Thanks for requests! However, the problem must to be an user profile problem and not 777 permissions and so on. The DBA is working for solve this problem, but nobody knows if the problem is or not an user profile problem. If I have any solution, I will tell you the solution. For while, I am wainting for the DBA analysis.

If anyone has any idea, please, help-me.

Thanks for all,
Did you try importing the views via "ODBC Table Definitions" instead of via "MetaData", I've been using it this way with DB2 ever since I started with DataStage.

Ogmios
fvangreune
Participant

Post by fvangreune »

:?: 1) Did you use the natative DB2 driver to import the view as we had the same problem but when we upgraded our driver it worked

2) If the above fails I suspect that it might be user profiles

Regards
Frederik