SAP BW

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gangeleri
Participant

SAP BW

Post by gangeleri »

I am using DataStage 6 (Unix) with Pack for BW 3.0.

When I try to load data into BW using PUSH method the job hangs and I receive the following message in SAP BW "saptrng.ZDSPRUEBA not registered" where saptrng.ZDSPRUEBA is the BW Load RFC Server program ID defined in DataStage job and SAP BW Source System.

Anybody knows what is going on?

Thanks,
Gonzalo
alanwms
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: SAP BW

Post by alanwms »

gangeleri wrote:I am using DataStage 6 (Unix) with Pack for BW 3.0.

When I try to load data into BW using PUSH method the job hangs and I receive the following message in SAP BW "saptrng.ZDSPRUEBA not registered" where saptrng.ZDSPRUEBA is the BW Load RFC Server program ID defined in DataStage job and SAP BW Source System.

Anybody knows what is going on?

Thanks,
Gonzalo
Recheck your RFC connection and restart if necessary using the DS Admin for SAP. Recheck all components of the BW Load Pack stage in DS Designer. Start with the InfoSource (reselect from the same SourceSystem). Check the InfoPackage making sure to look at the properties. If you go into the InfoPackage properties and can successfully change any of the Update Data options, then your connection is working properly. If your connection still fails, then create a new SourceSystem and carefully check all the properties.

Good Luck.
MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MukundShastri »

This is RFC connectivity problem typically faced with BW load pack.
Are you using the load pack for first time? or it was running for some time and now it is giving you problem. Then it is becuase BW server is shutdown and hence the RFC connectivity has got loast.

You can follow the steps above by alnawms.
Datastage adminstrator for SAP has RFC connectivity screen. It must show you green signal at the right bottom. Which means rfc is on. If not. Just press the start button on the same screen. No you should get green signal. Try your job. If not you can do the delete the current sourcesystem configurations from BW load pack and recreate.

Let me know if still any problem

Thanks

Mukund
MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MukundShastri »

This is RFC connectivity problem typically faced with BW load pack.
Are you using the load pack for first time? or it was running for some time and now it is giving you problem. Then it is becuase BW server is shutdown and hence the RFC connectivity has got loast.

You can follow the steps above by alnawms.
Datastage adminstrator for SAP has RFC connectivity screen. It must show you green signal at the right bottom. Which means rfc is on. If not. Just press the start button on the same screen. No you should get green signal. Try your job. If not you can do the delete the current sourcesystem configurations from BW load pack and recreate.

Let me know if still any problem

Thanks

Mukund
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Alan

About time you answered some questions. Tell Mikie he is next.
Mamu Kim