Job Hanging since using Link Collectors and enabling IPC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

patonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Hanging since using Link Collectors and enabling IPC

Post by patonp »

Since adding a link collector to a job, the job hangs after processing roughly 800 rows each time I attempt to run it. I've selected the Inter Process mode (as required by a link collector) and incrementally increased the Buffer size and timeout values to 1024 Kb and 40 sec respectively, but the problem is still occurring.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter
densons
Participant

Re: Job Hanging since using Link Collectors and enabling IPC

Post by densons »

How is your job laid out? I know you have multiple source stages going into the link collector but what is the output of the link collector. Are you staging the results into a file or sending the output directly to a transformer stage?

I think it is best practice to place the results of the link collector stage to a file before moving to a transformer or target stage. This can be a diskspace hog but it has worked for me.

If this does not help, give me more information about your problem.

S Denson
patonp wrote:Since adding a link collector to a job, the job hangs after processing roughly 800 rows each time I attempt to run it. I've selected the Inter Process mode (as required by a link collector) and incrementally increased the Buffer size and timeout values to 1024 Kb and 40 sec respectively, but the problem is still occurring.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

I had the same problem - changed to collecting mode -round robin and It worked !
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I've only been able to get round-robin working with the link collector, using the sorting method usually hangs my job (version 7 on Sun Solaris). In one case I used a link collector in round-robin mode followed by a sort stage for a job where extreme performance wasn't a priority.